Please see below a short description of all options in Map Settings to understand how to work with these.
1. Use file reading for pins?
Read from file for Google Maps pins is a feature that helps improve site speed for more than 200 properties on the map.
2. The maximum number of pins to show on the map.
This option is included starting 1.20 update and helps optimize site speed with many properties.
3. Google Maps API KEY
In order to see the map, you must add your key in here.
4. Starting Point Latitude and Starting Point Longitude
See this help where is explained how to find Google Maps coordinates latitude and longitude: https://help.wprentals.org/article/how-to-find-latitude-and-longitude-how-to-set-google-maps-coordinates/
These 2 settings will apply to show your default location of the map and the map zoom, if you choose Header Media – Google Maps (set as global header).
5. Default Map zoom (1 to 20)
Applies for global header media with google maps, except advanced search results, properties list and taxonomies pages.
6. Use Pin Cluster on map
If yes, it groups nearby pins in a cluster.
7.Maximum zoom level for Cloud Cluster to appear
Pin cluster disappears when the map zoom is less than the value set in here.
8. Geolocation Circle over the map (in meters)
This option applies to the map geolocation function.
- Google API changed the rules in June 2016. Staring this date the geolocation from Google will work only over https sites.
- For that reason starting version 1.16 WP Rentals uses as a source for geolocation info over http the with http://ipinfo.io/ API, and for https sites Google Maps Geolocation API.
- For clients who use https for their site (which means adding SSL (this is done via server) – they can still use Google Geolocation. That has always been accurate.
- For clients who use only http (no ssl) – the info is taken over ipinfo.io and in this case results could have a margin of error.
9. The height of the Google Map when closed
Applies for header google maps when setting as global header media type.
10. The height of Google Map when open
Applies for header google maps when set as global header media type.
11. Force Google Map at the “closed” size?
Applies for header google maps when set as global header media type, except listing page.
12.SNAZZY MAPS – CUSTOM GOOGLE MAPS STYLE
Go to https://snazzymaps.com/ https://snazzymaps.com/
Create/find a custom map you like.
13. Open Street map instead of Google Maps for Listing Page
Enabled Street Map for the single listing page from theme options
When enabled, the listing map will display like this on single listing page style 2 – https://demo1.wprentals.org/properties/apartment-in-jersey-city/
Or it will display like this for single listing page type 1 – demo example https://santorini.wprentals.org/properties/huge-sunny-villa-east-side/