Please see below a short description of all options in Map Settings to understand how to work with these.
1. What Map System you want to use?
You can choose between open street map and google maps.
- Open street
For open street map option you don’t need api but you can use MapBox API for tile server. If don’t add API for MapBox we will use the default open street server which can be slow.
You can get it from here: https://www.mapbox.com/
IMPORTANT: Street view and places options from property page map are not supported by Open street map.
- Google maps
In order to see the map, you must add your key in here.
1. What Places Api you want to use?
You can choose between algolia and google places.
If choose algolia for places must setup Algolia App Id and Algolia API Key.
Algolia Places API is an alternative we integrated for Google Places that becoming paid starting November 29(used in a search by autocomplete in location, in submit for City field, in Geolocation Radius search in Half Map).
Algolia service is free within a specific number of requests per month – and becomes paid after that limit is reached. You can read more here https://community.algolia.com/places/pricing.html
You can get it from here: https://community.algolia.com/places/
Next must fill in the below details:
Go to API Keys from dashboard menu, Copy Application ID, Search-Only API Key and add paste them in theme options:
IMPORTANT: Algolia work with both map type: Google map and Open Street.
- Google places
IMPORTANT: Google Places work only with Google Maps activated.
3. Use file reading for pins?
Read from file for Google Maps pins is a feature that helps improve site speed for more than 200 properties on the map.
4. The maximum number of pins to show on the map.
This option is included starting 1.20 update and helps optimize site speed with many properties.
5. Starting Point Latitude and Starting Point Longitude
See this help where is explained how to find Google Maps coordinates latitude and longitude: https://help.wprentals.org/article/how-to-find-latitude-and-longitude-how-to-set-google-maps-coordinates/
These 2 settings will apply to show your default location of the map and the map zoom, if you choose Header Media – Google Maps (set as global header).
6. Default Map zoom (1 to 20)
Applies for global header media with google maps, except advanced search results, properties list and taxonomies pages.
7. Use Pin Cluster on map
If yes, it groups nearby pins in a cluster.
8.Maximum zoom level for Cloud Cluster to appear
Pin cluster disappears when the map zoom is less than the value set in here.
9. Geolocation Circle over the map (in meters)
This option applies to the map geolocation function.
- Google API changed the rules in June 2016. Staring this date the geolocation from Google will work only over https sites.
- For that reason starting version 1.16 WP Rentals uses as a source for geolocation info over http the with http://ipinfo.io/ API, and for https sites Google Maps Geolocation API.
- For clients who use https for their site (which means adding SSL (this is done via server) – they can still use Google Geolocation. That has always been accurate.
- For clients who use only http (no ssl) – the info is taken over ipinfo.io and in this case results could have a margin of error.
10. The height of the Google Map when closed
Applies for header google maps when setting as global header media type.
11. The height of Google Map when open
Applies for header google maps when set as global header media type.
12. Force Google Map at the “closed” size?
Applies for header google maps when set as global header media type, except listing page.
13.SNAZZY MAPS – CUSTOM GOOGLE MAPS STYLE
Go to https://snazzymaps.com/ https://snazzymaps.com/
Create/find a custom map you like.