Please check the list of server requirements before you start to install the theme
1. Install the theme via the WordPress method
- Extract package downloaded from ThemeForest.
- Upload the zip downloaded in Appearance / Themes / Install Themes uploader
- Activate the theme
2. Install the theme via the FTP method:
- Download all files and documentation from theme forest
- Unzip the theme pack from Theme Forest and go to the wprentals folder
- Upload the folder wprentals folder contents to the wp-content/themes folder on your server – via FTP Manager
- Activate the theme in the Appearance / Themes menu in WordPress Admin.
- In admin open the WP Rentals Options and set up theme options or do demo import. Help http://help.wprentals.org/article/demo-setup-with-1-click-demo-import/
3. Activate WpRentals Theme
IMPORTANT: You must do this only once after you update or install WP Rentals v 1.21.1 . This will not be required again for future updates, unless you decide to reset database and start over.
If the theme theme is not activated will cannot access theme options and install theme included plugins.
Here is how you take the purchase code – https://help.wprentals.org/article/where-is-my-purchase-code/
4. Install the plugins:
The WpRentals theme includes 7 plugins that will need to be installed and activated:
- WpRentals Core functionality – MANDATORY
- WpRentals Gutenberg Blocks Functionality plugin is Recommended if you wish to use only the new WordPress 5.0 Gutenberg editor with theme shortcodes as blocks. In this case, you don’t need to install WpBakery Composer plugin at all.
- One Click Demo Import – mandatory to import demo, but can be deleted after that
- Slider Revolution – optional, but recommended if you wish to create advanced header sliders
- WP Bakery Visual Composer – optional, but recommended for row / columns effects and extra shortcodes
- Ultimate Addons for Visual Composer – optional (you can use it to add extra shortcodes to those already offered in Visual composer)
- EWWW Image Optimizer (optional – you can use this to optimize your site images, or choose other free / paid versions that do the same thing)
When you install WpRentals theme you will get a notification message in your WordPress admin telling you of the required and recommended plugins.
WpRentals Theme Required Plugin
IMPORTANT NOTE: The WpRentals -Theme Core Functionality plugin is only available in WpRentals version 2.01 or higher.
WpRentals -Theme Core Functionality plugin must be installed and activated in order to utilize WpRentals theme functionality.
Revolution Slider, WPBakery Visual Composer and Ultimate Addons for Visual Composer plugins are premium plugins that are bundled with WpResidence and do not require additional licensing in order to use with the theme.
- WpRentals Gutenberg Blocks Functionality plugin – is Recommended if you wish to use only the new WordPress 5.0 Gutenberg editor with theme shortcodes as blocks. In this case, you don’t need to install WpBakery Composer plugin at all.
- Slider Revolution: This is a premium slider plugin created by ThemePunch.
- WPBakery Visual Composer: This is a premium slider plugin created by WpBakery.
- Ultimate Addons: A premium plugin created by BrainstormForce
- EWWW Image Optimizer: A free plugin created by Shane Bishop
- One Click Demo Import: A free plugin used for demo import.
For the plugins you get with the theme you don’t need buyer license to use them.
Since we have the extended license we give all our clients plugin updates through theme updates. There is only one license per purchase – so only we can use this license to get the updates and then share the update with our clients.
If you have any problem with the plugins or if you need help updating the plugins please open a ticket in our private support system here – http://support.wpestate.org/ and we will help you asap.
Install the plugins from Plugins – Add New
If there’s an error during plugins install it means the server doesn’t allow the auto-installer to make this action. In this case, do the installation like this:
- Download all files and documentation from buyer account:
- Unzip and you’ll find the wprentals folder inside:
- Find the plugins zips inside the folder: wprentals/libs/plugins
- Go to Add Plugins page:
- And install the plugins zips one by one from wprentals/libs/plugins
1. Add the Google API Key
2. Optional: Import Demo Content
Import content demo content. (it is NOT recommended if you already have your own content).
3. Set Google Map default location to your location.
Go to Admin- Theme Options – Google Maps and fill in the landing address for Google Maps. To find out Latitude and Longitude for Google Maps, starting point go to Google Maps, find your location, click right on the location on the map and click “What’s here”. Coordinates will show in the search bar on top.
Important: If you need help installing the theme or the demo content, contact us through client support http://support.wpestate.org/ and we will help with these steps.