Starting 1.30 theme update, for Advanced Search and Location there are 4 possibilities.
Location options apply to all the search types supported:
- Search Type 1 – vertical with default fields
- Search Type 2 – horizontal with default fields
- Search Type 3 – horizontal with custom fields
- Search Type 4 – horizontal with 3 default fields (title keyword, first and 2nd category) + custom search fields).
1. Location as input style with theme auto-complete
Due to speed reasons the data for NON-Google autocomplete is generated 1 time per day.
Remember that if you want to manually generate the data, go to map section – Generate Data&Pins.
2. Location as drop-down showing all cities, areas, countries, states, and counties from properties published in theme database
3. Location as input style with google places auto-complete
4. Cities and Areas as independent drop-downs
The last option applies only for search type 3 or type 4.
Cities and Areas can be added as separate dropdowns in admin and they show as an independent dropdown in the search form.
Search type 3 example:
Search type 4 example with the above fields configuration from admin: