The theme supports 4 search types
- Search Type 1 – vertical with default fields
- Search Type 2 – horizontal with default fields
- Search Type 3 – horizontal with custom fields
- Search Type 4 – horizontal with 3 default fields (title keyword, first and 2nd category) + custom search fields.
To learn how to work with Search type 3 and 4 check this help https://help.wprentals.org/article/advanced-search-type-3-and-4-custom-search-fields-setup/
Search Type 1 & 2
These search types have specific fields and design that can be modified only with custom code.
Search type 1 over header:
Search type 2 over header:
Style 1 or 2 is controlled from Theme Options – Advanced Search Form
Type 1 or 2 can be used as:
- Mobile Search shows in closed mode by default and opens on click. If you wish to keep search open by default check this help https://help.wprentals.org/article/how-to-make-mobile-advanced-search-open-by-default/
- Widget or Shortcode search, which includes the price slider.
- For Advanced Search Results (half map), Properties List Half Map and Taxonomy Page Half Map we have extended search fields options which search/filter properties in the same page. These fields are default.
- Advanced Search results Half Style requires header option is set to Google Maps. If you don’t have this header set as global, then make sure page header is set to google maps and you type in lat and long coordinates.
Location Field options:
Starting 1.30 theme update, for Advanced Search and Location there are 4 possibilities:
- Location as input with theme auto-complete
- Location as a dropdown with theme auto-complete
- Location as input with Google Places auto-complete or Algolia Places auto-complete
- Cities and areas as independent drop-downs
Check this help for specific settings: https://help.wprentals.org/article/how-to-disable-google-places-in-search-and-submit-how-to-enable-advanced-search-with-theme-auto-complete/