With Social login: Facebook, Google and Twitter:
The registration happens on the API end (Facebook – Google – Twitter) and the API sends back the username – password to the theme.
The user doesn’t leave the site, but the registration happens on 3rd party end because the user must give the API specific approvals.
That is why user separation doesn’t apply since the API cannot take into account any data from theme end. The APIs features from social media are very specific and can work only with API options.
Also, if user tries to add the property with social login – at the registration step you must keep in mind the following process notes:
- 1. User Clicks on Login with Social Account
- 2. He is actually registered by the 3rd party API ( the user actions before being transferred to Facebook or Google or Yahoo are not taken into account but these 3rd parties – so what the property details he fills in cannot be correlated with his new account)
- 3. APIs demand redirect is on a strict profile page (this is My Profile)
- 4. The property details before he adds the listing are not saved under his new account (they are saved with no username) so user must save the property may have to be added again
For this reason, we have the option to turn off social login or submit form for not registered users. Read more here – https://help.wprentals.org/article/how-to-hide-the-submit/
Social Login area is available in Theme Options:
1. Display social login also on register modal window?
Enable or disable social login also on register modal window.
2. Allow login via Facebook ?
If option is enabled must setup Facebook login as explained on this help: https://help.wprentals.org/article/facebook-login/
3. Allow login via Google ?
If option is enabled must setup Google login as explained on this help: https://help.wprentals.org/article/enable-gmail-google-login/
3. Allow login via Twitter ?
If option is enabled must setup Twitter login as explained on this help: https://help.wprentals.org/article/twitter-login/