!!Starting March 2018, Facebook Login needs SSL to work properly. SSL is installed on your server. You can also use Cloudflare for free SSL. After SSL is setup your website will load over https://
The Facebook Login API has been updated in the theme core files. Please update to 220.127.116.11 to get the latest API to be sure the Facebook Login works. Help = https://help.wprentals.org/article/wprentals-1-20-5-4/
Facebook login needs an APP setup. The APP info and the option to enable or disable the login for Facebook is set Theme Options – Social and Contact -SOCIAL LOGIN:
How to create the Facebook APP
- 1. Go to https://developers.facebook.com/
- 2. Login with Facebook – And go to APPs – ADD new APP.
- 3. Add APP name and email address
- 4. Add the verification CODE
- 5. Choose the Facebook Login
- 6. Go to Settings-Basic and add the required details
- 7. Go to Facebook Login-Settings, add the My Profile link here and make sure these settings are saved as in the screenshot.
- 8. Go to APP Review and make the APP public
- 9. Go to Settings-Basic and copy APP ID and APP secret:
- 10. Next to go Theme Options – Contact & Social and fill in the APP details:
- When user logins with Facebook, the theme redirects the user to My Profile page and imports email, First name and Last name. These are the public information that can be shared easily.
- If Facebook cannot share email, the theme will add an email automatically as [email protected] and user can update his email from the profile.
- If facebook login doesn’t show any email – it means there is already a user with that email address.
!!! Please do not test the Facebook login with the same account that you used to create the APP. For tests, use a different account than Facebook API account to be sure you don’t have mixed results.