You can translate WP RENTALS default text in any language with POEdit. This includes modifying english terms and replacing them with your english terms (like Zip to Postcode and so on).
POEDIT can be used in child theme as well – http://help.wprentals.org/2015/12/21/how-to-add-translated-po-files-in-child-theme/
1. Download and install POEdit.
2. Open with POedit the wprentals.po file located in languages folder.
* For those that have language files they need to download those on their computers and make edits on those.
3. Translate the file using POedit.
4. Save the file with the proper name (for example en_US.po). If the file name is not right the translation will not work. See this link for the proper name http://wpcentral.io/internationalization/.
5. Upload the .po and . mo files in wp-content/themes/wprentals/languages/ folder.
6. Install WordPress in your language – http://codex.wordpress.org/Installing_WordPress_in_Your_Language (if it’s not English – default language)
7. After all those steps go in Admin – General Settings and you should see a dropdown with Languages.
This is where you will find the languages available based on the language code you translated – http://wpcentral.io/internationalization/ . Select your language that matches the .po name and that should be all.
Same .po edits can be done with Loco Translate plugin
In order to rename theme words, you can use Loco Translate plugin.
Please see below the steps that needs to be followed:
1.Install Loco Translate plugin
2. Install wpresidence-child-po.zip and activate it.
Go to Loco Translate – Manage translations and edit the en_us,po already given in child theme
— select the language that you have chosen in Settings-General
Search for the words that you wish to rename in child theme
— add the new words and save
HOW TO UPDATE THE .PO TRANSLATION after a theme update that includes new terms
When a new theme version is released / updated, the translation .po must be updated as well to find the new terms – http://www.marketpressthemes.com/blog/how-to-merge-two-po-files-using-poedit/
Open up your existing language PO file with Poedit software.
Catalog and select
Update from POT file
First, change the file type option to
All Files, then select the new wpresidence.po PO file from latest theme update folder
Step #4 (OPTIONAL)
Next, you’ll see a mini box which includes all the new strings as well as obsolete string from the new PO file. Proceed by clicking the
Once the import is completed, all the new string from the new PO file will be added and your existing (translated) string will remain intact as well.
Finally, proceed to translate all the new string into your preferred language. Save. Move the updated .po and .mo language file back to wpresidence/languages or to child theme languages folder.