IMPORTANT: Your server must have at least PHP 5.5 for the theme to work. Check your PHP version with this plugin – https://wordpress.org/plugins/wordpress-php-info/ and contact hosting to update PHP version if it’s not at least 5.5
Before theme installation each client must do all these steps:
a. Choose hosting
b. Buy a domain
c. Install wordpress on domain. Here’s a tutorial for how to do that http://codex.wordpress.org/Installing_WordPress#Famous_5-Minute_Install.
Next you can upload the theme with one of these 2 methods:
- Unzip the theme pack from Theme Forest.
- Upload the folder wprentals folder contents to the wp-content/themes folder on your server – via FTP Manager
- Activate the theme in the Appearance / Themes menu in WordPress Admin.
- In admin open the WP Rentals Options and set up theme options.
- Extract package downloaded from ThemeForest.
- Find for wprentals.zip inside the large folder
- Upload ONLY wprentals.zip from Appeareance / Themes / Install Themes uploader
- Activate the theme
To install the plugins:
For the plugins you get with the theme you don’t need buyer license to use them.
Since we have the extended license we give all our clients plugin updates through theme updates. There is only one license per purchase – so only we can use this license to get the updates and then share the update with our clients.
If you have any problem with the plugins or if you need help updating the plugins please open a ticket in our private support system here – http://support.wpestate.org/ and we will help you asap.
Click on the Install Plugins notice:
Then select the plugins, select “install” and click “APPLY” button:
If there’s an error during plugins install it means the server doesn’t allow the auto-installer to make this action. In this case, do installation like this:
Download all files and documentation from buyer account:
Unzip and you’ll find the wpestate folder inside:
Find the plugins zips inside the folder: wprentals/libs/plugins
Go to Add Plugins page:
And install the plugins zips one by one from wprentals/libs/plugins
Starting JUNE 22 all new websites must have Google Maps API to use the maps. Here’s how you do that.
After you activate the theme please follow these steps in order to setup your site and get started.
1. Import content demo content. (optional, not recommended if you already have your own content).
2. Go to Admin- Theme Options – Google Maps and fill in the landing address for Google Maps. To find out Latitude and Longitude for Google Maps, starting point go to Google Maps, find your location, click right on the location on the map and click “What’s here”. Coordinates will show in the search bar on top.