You can translate WP Rentals WordPress theme in any language with POEdit. To use this module follow these steps:
- 1. Download and install POEdit.
- 2. With POedit open the file wprentals.po located in languages folder.
- 3. Translate the file using poedit and save the file with the proper name (for example de_DE.po). If the file name is not right the translation will not work. See this link for the proper name.
- 4. Check if the language file has the correct name – help here: http://wpcentral.io/internationalization/ and save with correct name
- 5. Upload the .po and . mo files in wp-content/themes/wprentals/languages/ folder. You should have now wprentals.po, wprentals.mo + your new language po and mo
- 6. Make sure you have nstalled WordPress in your language – http://codex.wordpress.org/Installing_WordPress_in_Your_Language
- 7. Go in Admin – General Settings and you should see a dropdown with Languages. This is where you will find the languages available based on your file language name (step 4). Select your language and that should be all.
When you are done go to FILE – SAVE AS – and save the new .po with the correct language extension of your chosen language.
To update translation (if we update the original wprentals.po with new updates) follow these steps
THERE ARE SEVERAL ITEMS THAT YOU MUST EDIT/TRANSLATE IN THEME OPTIONS. PLEASE SEE BELOW:
a. For Property Details, Property Features, Property Address – these labels are managed from Admin – Theme Options – Listing labels. Please see this help http://help.wprentals.org/2015/10/28/listing-labels/
b. For Property Features & Amenities – please go and edit them in Admin – Theme Options – Listing Custom Fields –http://help.wprentals.org/2015/10/28/listings-features-and-amenities/
c. For Property Fields – custom fields – please go to Listing Custom Fields – http://help.wprentals.org/2015/10/28/property-custom-fields/
NOTE: Some default properties fields are managed from POEDIT (Address fields, Bedrooms, Rooms, Bathrooms, Size). The rest are managed from admin.
Same .po edits can be done with Loco Translate plugin
In order to rename theme words, you can use Loco Translate plugin.
Please see below the steps that needs to be followed:
1.Install Loco Translate plugin
2. Go to Loco Translate – Manage translations
—select the theme and add New language
— select the language that you have chosen in Settings-General
— make sure that you select the exact language- Start translating
3. Search for the words that you wish to rename
— add the new words and save